Knitting and Stitching Show - of snow and treasure and 'One' advent blogging!

Well Gina has come up with the idea of an advent blog - 1 post a day until Christmas and I think it is a great idea, so I thought I would have a go! So here is my first post!

Any of my British readers will now that we have been experiencing some early snow over the past week, but we are made of sterner stuff than to allow a bit of 'weather' to get between us and some shopping! So the valiant Vicki and myself packed up the MX5 (I had already added new batteries to the torch in the boot, packed a quilt, water and emergency chocs) and headed north to Harrogate. All was fine until we came off the A1 and a vindictive SatNav sent us onto some B (and C and possibly D roads) but traction control and ABS kept us on the road and out of some very snowy (but attractive) ditches! So we made it in one piece and the hotel looked like a Christmas card in the snow! Magic.

So we made it there and then it was time to shop - and I HAVE to share my treasures with you!
The background piece is the pith from the underneath side of tree bark and has a wonderful texture. I have no idea what I am going to do with it! I couldn't resist another piece of  hand dyed velvet, and now I have a few I might actually do something with them, instead of keeping them in the studio because they are 'to beautiful to use' - a problem I know I am not alone in suffering! I also picked up some unusual beads including the lava cubes in the top left - simply because they are fab! The other beads were just so cheap that it would have been rude to ignore them!


I couldn't resist the 2ft long piece of purple scrim in the background here, and there were some lovely tiny sequins that strangely found their way into my basket. Some how I ended up with some buttons too - which will probably end up as elephant eyes.I couldn't resist (notice a pattern here???) the wool - because, as Vicki loudly pointed out, I am in fact a colour whore! Give me anything brightly coloured and I am immediately lusting after it!! There are also some scraps of leather and some wire for me to play with 'one day'! 

Well that is enough for today, I will regale you with tales of the rest of the shopping (and the weekend) tomorrow!

3 comments

  1. Good to know I'm not the only crazy person out there! Lovely shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, you are a hardy shopper you are. Looking forward to your advent posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drool worthy shopping and I came close to succumbing to the gorgeous scrim too. :) The velvet is so gorgeous too. I'll look forward to seeing more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!