A little luxury never goes amiss....

I can finally heave a sigh of relief, and indulge in a relaxing bath! We have been without the family bathroom for nearly four weeks now as Dad has been doing a complete refit for me. At least we have a en-suite so there is no issue of stinky people hanging around the house. Despite having a perfectly serviceable bathroom already, I decided that the dull room supplied with our new build home was not adequate for a modern girl's bathing needs. So after much saving and sale purchasing since Christmas, we were finally ready to go.
This is it before chaos reigned (but after I had removed the million bottles of "lady potions" that often fill our bathrooms - yes girls, you know who you are!)....


This is what we have been living with for the last 4 weeks....



Having a Dad as handy as mine is a huge bonus, though it means you can't yell at him when he leaves you over night with no hot water, lets the cat out by mistake or covers your whole house in dust! But these things are sent to try us and the benefits far outweighed the costs.


Now I have a bathing boudoir fit for the most regal of bathers! The rolltop bath was picked up during the new year sales and is fab-u-lous! I am delighted with the slate - I didn't want too much of it as it is very dark and I don't want my bathroom to feel like a crypt! You cant see the shower area on the right (because it is not quite finished) and that is slate tiled too! With the addition of underfloor heating I am one lucky girl. Paul has now been banished back to the en-suite, which has always been 'his bathroom' and I am off to enjoy the delights of my new bit of luxury with fluffy white towels and a mountain of bubbles!

Thanks Dad x

2 comments

  1. I can see why you didn't like the original bathroom Sarah - What a fresh luxury look you have created - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks lovely the new bathroom - so much lighter and fresher well done to your Dad.
    Thanks for the Birthday greetings x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!