Saturday, 19 November 2011

Clearing out and clearing up!

If you are anything like me, you probably collect scraps of fabric like it is going out of fashion! Rather than throwing them out, I have started collecting them in boxes - all colour coordinated and organised. So now I have them, and the collection is growing, the next question is what do I do with them?

Well, the answer came to me last weekend - and here it is. A bed coverlet using scraps as small as 2.5 inches and I am thrilled. The ladies in the shop liked it so much that I will be teaching it next year as a 'stash-tastic' quilt.

I like it so much because when I look at it, I can see bits of every quilt and gift I have made over the last two years, as there is a part of all of them somewhere. It shows my own quilting history.

I hope everyone has as much fun making it as I did!

2 comments:

  1. very vibrant Sarah I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that in just one week?!
    Im envious of your achievment! If only I didnt have to go to work..but then id still not have gottenn that far in a week....lol Its a great looking quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!