The other day I gave you a little teaser on my latest project, so today I can reveal the finished object.
This is Andromeda. She is my first go at doll making and I finally finished her in the early hours of this morning - that's compulsion lol!
She has a black silk dupion body that I put together about a year ago from a pattern I saw in a magazine and I started the beading.
This was a labour of love that I picked up whenever I needed something to keep my hands busy and didn't have an ongoing project.
The skirt has been distressed with a heat gun to distress it. A girl named after a galaxy isn't going to have time to iron her frock!
Her face cause me some trouble. It didn't want to look like a 'normal' doll face as that doesn't suit the nature of her character. So I bought some air dry clay at the weekend and tried making it as 'mask'.
I popped some beads into the skin and carved in some of the finer details with a pin as it dried. I then painted it white and added the lips to give a sense of 'other worldliness' - a bit like a geisha girl face that looks unreal.
So then it was to the hair.
It couldn't just be a curly bob now could it! So out comes the textured wool and the bead box again!
So now she is finished and I have no idea what to do with her! I will have to find her somewhere to sit in the studio and she can stare down at with me those eyes...
As a first go I am delighted with the result, but now I have to find another long term UFO to fill my time! I might have a go at another doll, perhaps with a steampunk theme this time.