Festival of Quilts

I forgot my camera when I wrote my last post, but now I have finally made it to the bottom of my FoQ shopping basket I have my hands on it again. Thanks to Julie who kindly took a picture of me quilt and sent it to me. It is nice to hear what people think of your work, especially when they are as talented as she is!

So here is me - proudly posing by my quilt, despite the fact that I hate having my photo taken!
It was a great experience having your work on display, though it was quite a trial collecting it after the show. Like many people, I had not been sent the final piece of paperwork required to collect the quilt, so after queuing in the wrong line for 30mins I was shifted to another queue in order for someone to check my id (luckily I always have my driving licence on me!), give me a receipt and then re-join the original queue. It was nearly 7 oclock by the time we got away. Next time I will get it posted!!!

The quilts were fabulous as usual - and the winners were absolutely mind blowing! As you have probably seen many pictures of these quilts I wont bore you with any more. However, this Tetris computer game inspired quilt made me smile. The picture looks a bit yellow but it is in black and white - which was what the earliest version of the game was available in.
We also met up with the fabulous Jennie Rayment who will be teaching in the shop in November. She is doing her amazing "All Squared Up" and she had a larger version on display at the show, which demonstrates what you can do with the six blocks she will be teaching.

There are still a couple of places left so if you are interested in coming along just let us know by emailing us at info(at)beeingcrafty.co.uk

All in all it was a terrific day out. The Sunday was a little calmer than I heard other days were, so it was easier to get around and look at all the loveliness on offer. I bought a few bits but will save that for another day!


2 comments

  1. Sarah it was frantic on the Friday so many people. Your quilt looked very good - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link and the compliment Sarah :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!