Brother Sewing Machine Feet

This is my first post of 2017, so I thought that along with my good wishes, I would post some useful. So I thought I would answer one of the many questions I have been asked recently, where do I get all of those extra Brother Feet?

I am delighted that so many of you have tuned in recently to my shows launching the Brother FS210  sewing machine on Create and Craft and Ideal World. This machine has proved hugely popular, and many of you who already have the Brother FS130QC are asking whether you can get the additional feet offered with the FS210 to use on your existing machine.Well the answer is Yes you can! Please note, most feet are generic, but not all! Check the machine listing to be sure.

These feet are available directly from Brother, or other Brother stockists - just check out the codes.

Adjustable Binder Foot F071
This foot has clear plastic bias tape guide for attaching various width bias tape from 3/16” (5 mm) to 3/4” (20 mm).It helps you add binding quickly and accurately because it holds both sides of the binding in place as you sew. This cannot be used for binding quilts as the wadding is too thick to pass through the foot, but it is great for binding dresses!
Image result for brother F071
Adjustable Binder Foot F071

Gathering Foot F012N
This one gathers more fabric the longer the stitch, and the finer the fabric. Thick fabrics don't like to gather much unless you add the second fabric through the top slot at the same time. You will find tutorials on YouTube about how to use these feet.
Brother Gathering Foot (F012N)
Gathering Foot F012N
 Pintuck Foot F069
This is used to create fabulous heirloom sewing corded and non-corded pin tucks on blouses, shirts and many home decorating projects. When used with a twin needle, it creates perfectly parallel pin tucks. Great fun and very professional looking results.
5 Groove Pintuck Foot, Brother #SA194
Pin Tuck Foot F069


Straight Stitch Foot F042N
This foot is used for straight stitching on lightweight or fine fabrics. The single needle hole prevents fabrics getting pulled in the feed dogs.
Brother Straight Stitch Foot (7mm) (F042N)
Straight Stitch Foot F042N

Adjustable Zipper and Piping Foot  F036N
This foots allows greater flexibility of positioning the foot against a zip or piping than a traditional zipper foot. A very useful addition to your sewing tool kit.

Brother Zipper And Piping Foot (F036N)
Adjustable Zipper & Piping Foot F036N


Non Stick Foot F007N
I love this foot - it helps you stitch 'sticky' fabric like oil cloth, vinyl and leather because it runs smoothly over the surface of the fabric. It glides over difficult fabric surfaces with ease, while improving stitch quality in many problem fabrics. Some fabrics may get stuck under metal feet causing problems with a normal sewing foot resulting in poor stitch quality. It is perfect for hemming plastic tablecloths!

Image result for brother f007n
Non Stick Foot F007N


For more info on using these feet, there are plenty of tutorials on line - just google it :)

Also, if you have Brother quilting feet that came with your FS130QC, like the embroidery foot, the 1/4 inch foot and the walking foot, you can use them on your FS210 too!

23 comments

  1. Hi Sarah I have a question about the brother fs130qc. The hard case doesn't fit properly, what am I doing wrong? I know it's a small thing but I want to go to classes and I can't carry it like it is can you demo how to fit the case properly please x thanks nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicola have you tried lifting the handle up when the cover is about half way down? Just a thought

      Delete
    2. I was told by Brother support not to tell people to remove the polythene from inside the packaging. I find the cover doesn't fit with it in situ but apparently that is how it is meant to be. Sarah x

      Delete
    3. I think the hard case is just a dust cover. I left the polystyrene inside and it does drop into place with a bit of a wiggle but I don't use it when I take the machine to classes. I have a machine bag for those occasions.

      Delete
  2. This is very helpful- Thankyou Sarah. Did you intend to have photos for all the feet though? Some are missing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I didn't do anything. I've just viewed it and I can see all the pics. Perhaps it didn't load properly on your computer x

      Delete
  3. thank you, I watched the shows and wished I had these for my machine, now I can get the right one's xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah,these are the additional feet that I'm in need of especially the adjustable bias foot, non slip and the gathering foot.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. have not be tempted by the machine as I am wishing for one with a bigger neck/throat to make quilting not quite so hard to do wishful thinking maybe, can yo recommend one for me please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,

    just seen this post, love this machine bought a FS130Qc from C&c a few months ago and i've sewn lots with it.i'll have to get some of those feet!

    just wondering though, i think i have managed ( not sure how) to dislodge the metal part of the needle threader , the metal part has come right off, it's not broken or bent or anything... has this ever happened to you, and do you think i can reinstall it myself ? (it seems to latch on to the plastic bar )? i've still been using my machine without it , but i 'd like to try to put it back - myself if possible

    hope you can help me out,
    thanks a mil,
    lurdes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lurdes
      This has not happened on my machine at all. I would suggest calling the brother support desk, because if you try fixing it yourself you may invalidate the 3 year warranty that you get with this machine.
      best wishes
      sarah

      Delete
    2. I love my FS130QC but did worry about the dust cover being loose. I managed to get a soft cabin baggage bag in Debrnhams sale that is exactly the right size for my machine and it even has a shoulder strap to leave my hands free while taking it to classes.

      Delete
  7. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make such a large number of extraordinary focuses here that I read your article two or three times. Your perspectives are as per my own generally. This is extraordinary substance for your perusers. Comparing SE600 SE400

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. reflux valve

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... best impact wrench for cars

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent post. I was always checking this blog, and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part, I care for such information a lot. I was exploring this particular info for a long time. Thanks to this blog my exploration has ended. https://dxtech.com/acrylic-laser-cutting-guide

    ReplyDelete
  13. In this article understand the most important thing, the item will give you a keyword rich link a great useful website page: may triet long

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is used to create fabulous heirloom sewing corded and non-corded pin tucks on blouses, shirts and many home decorating projects. When used with a twin needle, it creates perfectly parallel pin tucks. Great fun and very professional looking results. black color salwar suit , black and golden salwar suit ,

    ReplyDelete
  15. When sewing machines were first presented, they were really imaginative developments that assisted with accelerating the most common way of making garments, covers and whatever other things where material was needed to be sewn together. Throughout the long term, the innovation has kept on progressing empowering sewing machines and their administrators to accomplish more things quicker than expected. Singer Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!