Fun with colours

In December our City & Guilds level 2 group got together for a messy weekend. Basically we played about with dyes for two days and a great deal of fun was had by all.

It's taken some time but I've managed to get all of my samples into my book, so I thought I'd share a few pictures.

The page on the left is using transfer paints onto paper using items like keys and doillies as a resist.
The pieces on the right are using silk paints and experimenting with gutta, wax as a resist and a bit of salt to move the paint around!
Left - playing with bleach. Right - transfer paper 
Right - discharge paste 
Left - tray dying. Right - batik dying with wax. 
Tray & bag dying. Lots if fun. 

It was huge fun and I cant wait to get started sewing with it :) 

2 comments

Feel free to let me know what you think!