Weird week!

Sometimes they just turn out that way! Highs and lows in short succession, and this week has been like that. A high was finalising dates for me to teach Free Motion Quilting at a retreat in Spain in March - which is hugely exciting and I will share more details when I can. The low was the funeral today of our friend Barbara. She was the wife of Jim, who Paul and I worked with for years. Today was a lovely funeral (if there can be such a thing), with lots of old friends, tears and smiles.
 
It makes you look at the people around you and perhaps appreciate them a little more. Strangely enough, Jim & Barb came to my Nev's funeral 12 years ago, and here I was attending hers, organised by the same funeral director. So I understand that when these things happen, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel - but sometimes it is a really long tunnel! Having people to keep you company as you wander aimlessly down that metaphorical tunnel is hugely important and I really appreciate everyone who took that journey with me over a decade ago.
 
But here is a more cheerful topic - I am not a dress maker but I went on a tunic workshop recently and made it in cotton. This weekend I had another go in a softer cotton/silk blend and here is the result. I am dead chuffed and I have worn it twice without it falling apart! Yay!!


6 comments

  1. Very true Sarah we all need people/friends to help us through times in our lives. Lovely chatty blog ,love your top,well done !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila. Thanks for commenting. People are what makes life worth living! X

      Delete
  2. Well done Sarah on the tunic, looks great.
    Life is fragile and we need our friends and families for the highs and lows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. It is indeed, but it is the people about us who keep us going. X

      Delete
  3. Your tunic looks lovely Sarah. Well done! I am really sorry for the loss of your friend. I am very conscious of how far down the tunnel I have travelled and how precious friends and family are. I'm glad your friend's funeral brought you comfort. Exciting times to come in spain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. I really think it did! So now it is onwards and upwards. X

      Delete

Feel free to let me know what you think!