Day Two - more treasure

So I left you with the image of Vicki and myself 'whoring it' (otherwise known as shopping!) around the knitting and stitching show in snowy Harrogate! Two days is definitely a better option than trying to cover it all in a single day.The first day was exhausting so we started Sunday gently with a course. I did a gold work course with Tracey Franklin - (which I can't photograph as I can't seem to find it today!!!) . I did one of hers sessions a few years ago and enjoyed it just as much this time - whilst adding a few new gold work stitches to my 'bow'.

Vicki did a bag class with Sally Holman which she enjoyed - even though it was hand stitching which V has no patience for!

There was (of course) more shopping to be done.

I had a voucher from Art Van Go I paid a visit to their stand. I was looking for some aluminium because I need to make some dog tags for a commission (more about that in another blog!). I couldn't lay my hands on any, and ended up being swayed with some copper shim and some netting. I have NO idea what I will do with them but that is half the fun of these shows!!!
 This didn't cover the value of my voucher so I picked up a couple of books including one from the fabulous Ruth Issett She was there demonstrating and remembered me from the dying weekend we had a tArt & Stitch earlier in the year. I had been particularly taken with the Markal sticks and have since purchased a set, so the book will be a valuable source of inspiration. I got the other book for Paul as he likes playing around with photos (he takes great pictures) and I thought it would be nice for him to see how he could use them in a different way (it isn't aimed at textile people!)
I also picked up a few kits: 
The one on the left is an origami kit for making a Christmas ball which I am quite keen to have a go at! The pattern in the middle is a plan for next Christmas - it was so charming and a bargain at only £6. I can see elements of it being used for all sorts of things! The final kit is a Japanese tote bag kit for my friend's daughter who is keen to get making - so a perfect start! One Christmas gift down... plenty more to go!

So all in all the weekend was a success. The journey home was a nightmare as the weather had taken a turn for the worst and it took us an hour to cover the first 9 miles as we skated sideways down the A1, but it cleared up about 20 miles south of Harrogate and we got home in one piece!

 See you tomorrow for day 3 of the advent blog!

1 comment

  1. Did the bag include the material if so it was good value ,and also if so, is there a link ,great present ,,''let em make their own ''hee hee ...love Jan xx PS Am loving this twelve days of Christmas with you xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!