Upcoming projects

So what's next? Well due to a heavy work load in my day job - and the fact that I am running around the country like a mad thing, my 'fun stuff' has had to take a back seat. However, I feel the loss and therefore hope to settle down soon and get some serious 'me time' in soon.

There is a beading competition through Fire Mountain Gems that has a deadline of 15th April for entrants. I have been working (on and off) since last summer on a 5 cabochon necklace with a variety of different sized blue stones. Now I am thinking that I may try to get it done in time. As usual I leave it to the last minute but a deadline is always good at focusing my mind! After the success of my first sale (Storm) I may just have a go! It is currently called 'Blue' (or 'that bloomin necklace') and this is how far I have got as of last night...


I also got my hands on some lovely colour sample packs from Art and Stitch the other week that are just screaming to be made into something delicious. Unfortunately the old sewing machines is currently gasping its way along so I will have to get it serviced. This will obviously make machine embroidery a bit more difficult for the time being...

One idea that has been playing around my mind for a while is to make a miniature stitched theatre. I used to have a cardboard cutout theatre when I was little and I would love to make one myself. I quite fancy the idea of a scene from A Midsummer's Nights Dream - with lots of sparkle and a few fairies thrown in for good measure.

I was reading Stitch magazine today and they are running a competition at the Knitting and Stitching show based on the 60's, so despite not being thought of then, I may have a go. I already have a couple of ideas for a relatively large piece (my biggest piece so far has only made 10 inches) which would fill the stairwell of the new house...

I think I will probably look back at this at the end of the year and reaslise that I have achieved none of it! The biggest trial of a creative nut is finding the time to fit it all in!!

3 comments

  1. Brilliant blog, fantastic work keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Welcome to blogging! Angela gave me the link. Lovely to see your work and good luck with all the planned projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words ladies... nice to know someone is reading my musings!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!