Getting my free motion groove on!

May has been an extremely busy month and I can't believe that it has almost flown by, especially when I look out of the window at the gloomy weather we seem to be stuck with. Today it was hail, sun, hail, wind.... Yuck!!

So to brighten up my days I pulled out the brightest piece of fabric I could find in my stash and just went for it with some free motion machine quilting!

As I am teaching a class on free motion machine quilting in a few weeks it was a good excuse to just let myself go with some of the feather designs I have been drawing in my quilt designs book. I'm afraid the pictures are a bit fuzzy but the light wasn't brilliant. I hope you get the idea!






This piece is 120cm x 40cm and isnt finished yet as you can see from the last picture (and needs a good press), but we are getting there and it is just so much fun!!!


I started this book recently as Bev Mayo from RoeMayo suggested gathering all those designs we create together in one place to act as an inspiration and design resource, as well as a way to find out if a pattern will actually work without starting on your precious quilt. So I thought I'd give it a go!
Here are some of the pages!
Here I am having a play with some spirals.
A few flowers and roses!



 For some reason the next few pictures refuse to stand upright  so I hope you get the gist whilst tipping your head to one side!
 




I have thoroughly enjoyed this a great deal and I look forward to adding more pages! I can't wait to share this lot with the ladies on my course! They are going to have a lot of fun!

1 comment

Feel free to let me know what you think!