Priorities!

Sometimes it can be tough to get going on a project because you HAVE to! Owning and teaching in a shop means that I have workshop ideas that I pop in the diary... fully intending to get to work on the sample immediately. But I am a creative butterfly, and sometimes the space between the thought and the deed stretches out as I get distracted by something new and shiny! This has happened to me with paper piecing. Since using the technique for the New York beauty on my last post it has become my new favourite thing. I have been playing with a paper pieced rose design that has turned into a quilt, and a workshop for next year, but it is not the sample for the workshop I am teaching in July! So this weekend I sat myself and had a good old talk with myself, forcing me to get my head back on track and prioritise. So this weekend the rose went into my "play with me latter" box and the "I gave you my heart" quilt was completed. 


Though I am completely 'pinked' out I actually rather enjoyed it in the end. Perhaps I should listen to myself more often!

3 comments

  1. That is lovely, I can imagine many girlies wanting one just like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely, I can imagine many girlies wanting one just like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!