Olympic Torch Relay

I had to work on Tuesday night (3rd) so missed the torch passing through Peterborough. Undaunted I invited myself to a friends house in the early hours of Sunday morning to get my peek of the flame.

I had to get up at 6am to get to St Ives for the torch at 7.50am. We all braved the rain thought there was a bit of a break in the downpour just as the procession passed us by.

 This bus carried the other relay runners who had either done their bit, or were eagerly awaiting their go!



Everyone was dancing in the rain!
Here he comes!

This is the point where they passed the torch on to the next runner. So we got two for the price of one!
I am really excited about the Olympics - with tickets and having taken part in the Gift of Quilts project.

No comments

Feel free to let me know what you think!