Some help and a little excitement

I have finally got the binding stitched onto the outside of my quilt for the Gift of Quilts project for the Olympics (where 500 quilts are given out to all competing countries) so I thought I would post a quick pic... but someone had other ideas!
 I had to shoo her off so I could start on the finishing touches before the quilt goes off later this month. I am quite excited as all the quilts are going to be photographed and published in a commemorative book, as well as being displayed at the Stitch & Craft Show at Olympia ll, London, 15-18 March 2012. That is definitely a trip to London book!

Another item happened today when I bought this month's addition of the Embroiderers Guild Stitch magazine - one of the ladies who will be teaching in our shop has a project published! Kathleen Laurel Sage will be showing us all how to make fabulous jewellery and it is quite exciting to have a 'published' teacher pay us a visit! It's cool having a 'stitching celebrity' pay us a visit!

If anyone is interested in joining me on her class, she is teaching Machine Embroidered Jewellery at Bee Crafty on Saturday 5th November. These are the samples she sent, and I am really excited!

 





No comments

Feel free to let me know what you think!