I Miss my Garden - a work in progress

I have recently moved into a new house which we are busy turning into our home. The new place has a huge garden (for me) but it is all laid to lawn and there is not a single flower to be seen. I have made an effort with the greenhouse and a couple of raised beds for my veg but we will not be making much inroads to the lawn until next year.

So because I miss my flowers I decided to put some in a wall hanging instead! I was also working in Edinburgh on Tuesday and my hotel had some Mackintosh flower panels dotted around so I took this as my starting point.

Being new to quilting and applique I have simplified the flowers a bit, but this is the basic design.

As it turns out I not to put in the leaves because it confuses things a bit and makes it more fussy than I would like.

I have not started quilting yet (and as this is my first go I am not sure which direction to take yet) and I may find it hard to resist embellishing it but we shall see where it takes me. I can feel this one 'growing' as I work on it. Just like the garden I am missing!

No comments

Feel free to let me know what you think!